I wanted to propose an increase to the rebase function to every 12 hours instead of 24. Most elastic currencies choose the 24 hour target but I am of the mind that a 12 hour target is better. YAM currently uses a 12 hour rebase for contrast. The pros and cons I believe are as follows:
- Brings USD to target price faster
- Makes rebases more constant and top of mind
- Increases code complexity (maybe?)
- Users who want to mine before rebase have to worry more
- Increases cognitive overhead
I’ll keep this up for discussion and if there is enough positive sentiment I will put it up for a vote.